Friday, February 27, 2009

Class Presentations

As a whole, I thought the open topic was a great idea for the presentations because it allowed the class to get to know everyone a little better. The first presentation that I really enjoyed was David Gordon's on the best active athlete. I am a huge sports fan, and was immediately drawn to this topic. David used interesting photos and good humor to entertain the audience. While I think Tiger is the best active athlete, Usain Bolt who David selected as the best is no slouch. The face-off idea kept the attention of the audience because everyone wanted to know who would be matched up next.

The presentation on Racquetball by Ryan Cromer was also one of my favorites. I have been playing racquetball for about six years and am always interested in seeing how other people feel about the sport. I thought the presenter was loud and clear and used good visuals. The picture at the end with the bloody eye has made me consider wearing goggles. It only takes one time to get hit with the ball in the eye and loose your sight. The presentation has inspired me to play more at school, I did not realize Clemson had so many courts.

The third presentation that was one of the most entertaining was Ryan Sullivan's on Lacrosse. I thought it was pretty cool that he was drafted in the first round of the Major Lacrosse Association . He brought in his stick to class and demonstrated some different moves that were unfamiliar to me. The utube clip was amazing too, I did not realize how intense lacrosse can get. Lacrosse is the one sport I regret never getting into, it seems like a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment