Thursday, January 8, 2009

Introduction

My name is Nathan Kaufman and I am from Providence, Rhode Island. Currently, I am a senior majoring in financial Management. I initially came to Clemson for the professional golf management program, however after a summer internship at the Agawam Hunt Club in R.I., I decided it was no longer the dream job I envisioned. I will always love golf, but I came to realize that I'd rather be a member of a distinguished club rather than serving one.


My family is small but I think that just makes us closer. My sister Eve is eight years older than me, but as I have gotten older we have grown closer. I will always be her little brother, but I feel we can relate more, now that I am an adult. Eve is the more creative child; she is currently working for the Lifetime Channel, while I am the accounting and numbers guy. My mother is a photographer which can get rather annoying if you don't like your picture being taken all the time. My grandmother lives with my mother and is almost 88 years old. However, you would never guess her age by her lifestyle as well as the way she looks. She takes a two mile walk every morning to get a cup of coffee and is always finding different activities to keep herself busy.


I just finished an eight month Co-op in Boston Massachusetts, working for the accounting department of an electrical construction company. Boston is a great place to work because there is always something to do, whether it's going to a Celtics or Sox's game or just walking downtown. The only downside is driving around the city everyday, which can make any sane person go crazy. If there is one thing I can recommend it would be to experience as many Co-ops/internships as possible before you graduate. The job market is extremely competitive right now due to the struggling economy, so any advantage you have will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment